John Simm France community
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

John Simm France community

Un forum sur l'acteur britannique John Simm ( life on mars, Doctor who, state of play, sex traffic ect ... )

AccueilPortailDernières imagesRechercherS'enregistrerConnexion
-26%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Bosch BBS8214 Aspirateur Balai Multifonction sans fil Unlimited ...
249.99 € 339.99 €
Voir le deal

2008 cavalier attitude

2 participants
AuteurMessage
Aviva
Admin
Aviva

2008 cavalier attitude Empty
MessageSujet: 2008 cavalier attitude   2008 cavalier attitude I_icon_minitimeSam 13 Juin - 8:51

On location for The Devil's Whore - a lavish four-part English Civil War drama - John Simm, one of its stars, appears before us as we've never seen him before.

After two hours in make-up and wardrobe, the actor famous for gritty contemporary roles has been transformed into what he describes as the 17th-century equivalent of "Han Solo and The Man With No Name."

He wears leather boots, a fedora, cape and a leather jacket with bullets for buttons. He has swords and pistols at his disposal and a six-inch facial scar that stings like hell, both when it's applied and taken off at the end of the day.

Over his own hair, he wears what he calls a "slaphead wig" - a mane of hair that's long at the back but receding at the temples. The unkempt beard is all the actor's own, but fortunately, the metal prosthetic hand, worn by his character after his own gets unceremoniously chopped off (and with barely a whimper), is not.

"Edward Sexby is possibly the hardest man who ever lived," he smiles. "It's the kind of role that an actor dreams of playing."

Certainly, the role is not for wusses. Yesterday, for example, filming on the set in the wine region near Cape Town - doubling for strife-torn, 17-century England - involved Simm's character being hung by his feet above a blazing fire pit. "At the same time, I was being spun around and people were shooting me," he says.

Worse still, he says, the day before he was chaines to the wall of a rat-infested prison cell. "Unfortunately, I've got a thing about rats and even though the trainer was telling me they wouldn't hurt me, I was terrified. It's like Indiana Jones and his fear of snakes."

"I was trying to be brave, but in the end I was just sweating with terror. I said, 'That's it, I've got to go now. It was like being on I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here!'"

Simm is laughing. He knows that The Devil's Whore is as far from your usual tawdry, reality TV show as it's possible to get. Penned by award-winning writer Peter Flannery in collaboration with historian Martine Brant, it's period drama of the highest order. A fact that's reflected in everything from the bloody, large-scale battle scenes, to the meticulously detailed costumes.

Then, of course, there's the cast that also includes Peter Capaldi as Charles I, Dominic West as Oliver Cromwell and rising stars Michael Fassbender as the revolutionary Rainsborough and Andrea Riseborough as Angelica Fanshawe ('The Devil's Whore' referred to in the title.)

Though no such character existed, Angelica, a spirited, aristocratic beauty has been created as a focus for the seismic events that changed England's history forever. It begins with her birth in 1623 - when England was divided both politically and religiously and continues for the next four decades during which civil war tore the country apart.

It's part history lesson, part tale of passion, loss, murder, courage and betrayal. From Simm's point of view, too, it's also a towering love story.

"Sexby falls in love with Angelica the moments he claps eyes on her," he says. "But he has to go through years of unrequited love and disappointments before he finally gets the girl."

For John, of course, who finds himself swashbuckling, fencing and horse riding, in a drama that has the visual quality of a Renaissance painting, the role represents a huge departure.

Before The Devil's Whore he was mostly known for cutting-edge, modern dramas such as The Lakes, State of Play and more recently Life on Mars - the show that turned him and his co-star, Philip Glenister, into household names.

After Life on Mars he also appeared as The Master in three episodes of Doctor Who.

John says: "It all went a little bit crazy for a while because both those shows have massive fan bases. I felt I needed to pull back and disappear for a bit." He left our screens to star instead in the West End comedy Elling.

When he's not working, John would rather be at home in London with his wife, actress Kate Magowan, and their two children; seven-year-old Ryan, and Molly, who is nearly two.

Being separated from them, he admits, is the hardest thing about his job."Life on Mars was really tough. We were filming for six months in Manchester and, during that time, I'd dash back to London to spend Sunday with them."

Although The Devil's Whore has put him even further away from home, in South Africa, his family has travelled out to be with him and are on the set today. "Dominic West and Tom Goodman-Hill (who plays John Lilburne) also have their kids here - we're thinking we might get them all involved in a crowd scene we're filming later today," he smiles.

He doesn't know yet whether either of his children will follow in their parents' acting footsteps. But if they did, he wouldn't discouraged them. "Acting," he says, "is the best job in the world."

Simm himself, who grew up in Nelson, Lancashire, is the son of a musician. Ronald Simm taught him to play guitar and from the age of 12 he joined his dad on the stage of Northern working men's clubs.

Still, it was a teacher, Brian Wellock, who introduced him to acting, casting him in leading roles in school plays. "Where I came from, you left school, found a menial job, got someone pregnant and married them. Game over, pretty much. But Mr Wellock inspired me and showed me that there was another way."

Now aged 38, you wonder if Hollywood might be the next big hurdle. But John says not. He notes, with a touch of cynicism, that he wasn't approached to reprise his role in the soon-to-be released movie version of State of Play (the role went to Oscar-winning A-lister Russell Crowe). "And I'm not going over to Los Angeles to butter people up and go to premieres and parties. I can't be bothered."

He might make an exception, he laughs, for a part in a Bond movie.

"Not that I could ever play Bond. I'm not tall enough and I don't have the right looks," he says. "But I'd love to play a Bond baddie."

He is thinking then of keeping some of the props he has courtesy of The Devil's Whore production. "I already have the scar and the metal hand," he laughs. "Now all I need is a cat."

Souce SimmSpotting
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
https://johnsimmfrance.forumactif.org
Aviva
Admin
Aviva

MessageSujet: Re: 2008 cavalier attitude   2008 cavalier attitude I_icon_minitimeSam 4 Juil - 23:27

TRADUCTION :

Sur le plateau de The Devil Whore un drama en 4 partie sur la guerre civile Anglaise .John Simm l’un des acteurs apparaît devant nous comme nous ne l’avons jamais vu aupparavant .

Après deux heures de maquillage et d’habillage , l’acteur connu pour ses rôles contemporain est transformé en ce qu’il décrit comme le Han Solo ou l’homme qui n’a pas de nom du 17ème siècle.

Il porte des bottes en cuire, un chapeau, une cape et une veste en cuire , avec des balles en guise de boutons . Il a des épées et pistolets, une cicatrice de 6 pouces ( je connais pas les conversions de valeurs )

Pardessus ses vrai cheveux il a une perruque spécial où les cheveux sont long à l’arrière et court sur les tempes . La barbe par contre est entièrement la sienne.
Une main en métal prosthétique .

Edward Sexby est sûrement l’homme le plus dure qui est jamais vécu. C’est le genre de rôle que tout acteur rêve de jouer.

Certainement le rôle n’est pas pour les trouillard. Hier, par exemple, ont filmait sur le plateau près de Cape Town . Où Simm devait être suspendu par les pied audessus d’un bûcher. « Au même moment j’étais entouré par des gens me tirant dessus » dit il.

Pire encore, Le jour d’avant il était enchainer à un mur d’une prison infestée de rats. « Malheureusement j’ai quelque chose contre les rats et même si le dresseur le disais qu’ils allaient pas me faire de mal, j’étais terrifié . C’est comme Indiana Jones et sa peur des serpents

J’essayais d’être courageux , mais à la fin je transpirais de terreur .

Angelica le personnage principale a été inventé comme étant le point de focalisation des événements qui ont changé l’histoire de l’Angleterre pour toujours. Cela commence avec sa naissance en 1623 quand l’Angleterre était divisée politiquement et religieusement , et cela continua pour les 4 décades suivantes. Avec la guerre civil qui a déchiré le pays de part en part .

Il y a une partie leçon d’histoire , une partie conte passionné, perte, meurtre , courage et trahison.
Du point de vue de Simm c’est aussi une histoire d’amour tourmenté.

« Sexby tombe amoureux d’Angelica dès le moment où il l’a voit. Mais il doit passé par des années d’amour non conquérit et de décéption avant de finalement avoir la fille. »

Avant the Devil Whore John était surtout connu pour ses rôle dans des dramas moderne comme The Lake , state of play , Life on Mars.

Après Life on mars il est aussi apparut dans 3 épisodes de Doctor Who dans le rôle du Master.

John dit : C’est devenu assez fou pour un moment car ces 2 série avez un quota de fan énorme donc j’avais besoin de disparaître pour un moment

Il a quitté nos écran pour jouer au théâtre dans Elling.

Quand il ne travail pas john préférerais être à Londre chez lui avec sa femme l’actrice Kate Magowan et leurs deux enfants Ryan âgés de sept ans et Molly âgés de presque deux ans.

Etant séparé d’eux, il admet que c’est la chose la plus difficile à propos de ce travail.
« Life on Mars était vraiment dur, car nous filmions six mois sur Manchester. Et je me précipitais sur Londre le dimanche pour être avec eux. »

Bien que The Devil’s Whore l’est emmené encore plus loin de chez lui, en Afrique du sud, sa famille a voyagé pour être avec lui et sont sur le plateau aujourd’hui.

Il ne s’est pas encore si ses enfants vont suivre les traces de leurs parents, mais si cela arrivait il ne les découragerais pas « Jouer c’est le meilleur travail au monde » Dit il.

Simm a grandit à Nelson Lancashire , il est le fils d’un musicien Ronald Simm qui lui a appris a jouer de la guitare à l’âge de 12 ans. Suite à quoi John l’accompagnais sur scène au Northen Working men’s club.

Il y avait un professeur Brian Wellock qui l’a introduit a l’art dramatique. Le castant pour des rôles dans des pièces. « D’où je viens, vous quittais l’école, trouvais un job manuel , mettais une fille enceinte , vous l’épousais et Game Over. Mas Mr Wellock m’a inspiré et m’a montré qu’il y avait un autre moyen »

Maintenant âgé de 38 ans ont pourrait ce demander si Hollywood et la prochaine étape, mais John dit non. Il note avec une touche de cynisme qu’il n’a pas etait approché pour reprendre son rôle dans le remake cinématographique de State of Play ( joué par Russel Crowe ) Et je ne vais pas allez à L.A avec toutes leurs premières et leurs cérémonies . Je veux pas être dérangeais.

Peut être à l’exception d’un film de James Bond ?

« Non je ne suis pas assez grand et j’ai pas le bon look , mais j’adorerais jouer un méchant de Jame Bond »

« J’ai déjà la cicatrice et la main en métal il ne manque plus que le chat » LoL

FIN
https://johnsimmfrance.forumactif.org
lilbulle
Danny kavanagh
lilbulle

MessageSujet: Re: 2008 cavalier attitude   2008 cavalier attitude I_icon_minitimeDim 5 Juil - 8:50

Merci pour la traduction. Interview intéressente. Vivement John dans James Bond, ça serait géant. Razz
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: 2008 cavalier attitude   2008 cavalier attitude I_icon_minitime

2008 cavalier attitude
Page 1 sur 1